What is the Express Entry program of Canada?
Express Entry Program (EEP) of Canada, is an online system to manage permanent residence applications of skilled workers to Canada or for foreign skilled immigrations who want to settle in Canada permanently and participate in the Canadian economy.
Express Entry manages applications from these economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program,
- Federal Skilled Trades Program,
- Canadian Experience Class,
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
The intent of this program is to fill labor gaps through certain economic immigration programs. The Express Entry Program is used to select and communicate with skilled and qualified applicants and to facilitate express immigration of skilled workers to Canada of those who are most likely to succeed economically.
Express Entry Program is known as an efficient system, processing 80% of applications in six (6) months or less.
Note: Quebec does not use the Express Entry Program. They select their own skilled workers.
Requirements for acceptance to the Express Entry Program
The online system requires you develop a profile. There are minimum requirements for acceptance into the Express Entry Program. You will need to complete a questionnaire that asks for your information on the following:
- language ability,
- family members,
- work experience,
- details on any job offer.
Note: An Express Entry profile is not a guarantee you will receive an Invitation to apply for permanent residence.
Accuracy in your answers expediates the process and provides the best course to take. If your profile meets the requirements, you will enter a pool of candidates for immigration, and possibly receive an invitation to apply for immigration.
Three basic steps of the Express Entry Program
- Get your Information and Documentation Ready;
Prepare all required documentation prior to using the Express Entry Program. Firebird Consultants can assist you in this preparation to ensure you have all required information and documentation.
- Submit your profile online;
With the help of Firebird Consultants, you can create and submit an online profile in the Express Entry Program.
- Receive an invitation and apply for permanent residence;
When Immigration Canada reviews your application, and if you qualify for the Express Entry Program, you will receive a notification by invitation to apply for permanent residence.
Benefits of the Express Entry Program
Express Entry gives employers the following:
- more recruiting options,
- the ability to address labour shortages where no Canadian citizens or permanent residents can fill the job,
- a direct role in recruitment of skilled workers,
- a match to candidates using a Job Bank,
- the ability to apply for a free Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
Immigrant Job Applicants
Express Entry gives immigrant job applicants:
- reduces official processing times,
- easily accessible program that is online from anywhere in Canada and the world, affording faster application and process times,
- the ability to work towards achieving an immigration invitation by improving your scores while still in the pool,
- a better outlook of your Canadian immigration and employment prospects,
- a faster way to connect with prospective employers across Canada.
Restrictions of the Express Entry Program
- Express Entry candidates with a job offer and invited to apply will not automatically get a work permit or temporary resident visa during the process of the application.
- Usually, Express Entry candidates cannot work in Canada unless they obtain a permanent resident visa.
- Express Entry Program is not valid for the Province of Quebec
- Entry into Canada is dependent on you succeeding the Express Entry application process.
- Your profile status in the Express Entry pool lasts for 1 year or until you get an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence. If your status in the pool expires, you can re-submit your profile, so long you are still eligible.
- Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence are based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.
Exemptions to the Express Entry Program
- Some jobs do not need an LMIA or are exempt from the LMIA requirements, which also says that a prospective employer does not need an LMIA to offer the job to you.
To view these exemptions, please refer to Canada Immigration website on their page: LMIA-exempt job offers – skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
What can Firebird Consultants do for your application to the Express Entry Program?
Firebird Consultants will help you with the initial assessment, application preparation and correspondence on your behalf with the federal and/or provincial government until the final decision is made on your application to the Express Entry Program.
If you are looking for a Russian speaking immigration consultant in Vernon, Kelowna, Okanagan, or in Canada to provide immigration support – please contact us for a free assessment.